Spring is all about florals and pretty colors. But to be honest, after a while I get kinda tired of seeing the same style of florals in artwork and fashion. I thought it’d be cool to switch things up and create abstract floral for this month’s wallpapers.
Abstract art really inspires me because it’s almost as if the artist left a part of the process up to me to finish. I become part of the piece as I imagine what it could mean or what the empty spaces and shapes could become. There’s an element of anticipation and reflection that I enjoy.
I hope these pieces help you reflect and inspire you to become part of the art process. May they remind you to have hopeful anticipation for whatever God has in the works for you.
There are two versions of the artwork. One with illustrated details and one without. I love them both! To download the wallpapers, long press or right click on the images below.
It’s good to put down the phone and close the laptop. Doing work with my hands helps me stay creative and inspired. It’s also a fun way to take care of my mental health. But sometimes DIYs can be overwhelming for me. So I like ones that I can do in a day or two.
Here are some Spring DIYs you can try this weekend:
1. Monogrammed Ring Cones If you’re a jewelry girl like me, then this ones both fun and practical. I can never have enough trinkets to store and display my fave accessories. (via Brit+Co)
2. Song & Scripture Cards Download, print, and listen. Easiest DIY for those of you who aren’t master DIYers yet. (via Styld by Grace)
3. Black and White Painted Vase I’m in if it involves paint. It’s relaxing and always adds beauty to my home. And it’s never a bad idea to add some greenery indoors. (via Love Create Celebrate)
4. Mini Polymer Clay Bowls You can use these for your office, bathroom, or in your drawers. I usually use mini bowls like these to put paperclips or to store a couple small bottles of Essential Oils in my bathroom.
5. Compliments Candy Bars We all need a little encouragement sometimes. This is a perfect “Just because” gift for a friend that needs a small pick-me-up. Or if you’re hosting an event/get together, this works perfect as a party favor (via Oh Happy Day)
6. Terrazzo Style Notebook Covers It happens to me all the time–I find the perfect notebook but the cover just isn’t cutting it for me. These notebook covers are the perfect blend of simple and colorful. (via Enthralling Gumption)
7. Abstract Color Block Sneakers This is my favorite! And the one I’ll probably start with this weekend. I’m all for a paint project that I can WEAR, oh yeah! (via Enthralling Gumption)
Which one are you thinking of trying this weekend?!
Galentine’s day is about appreciating all the types of friendships we have. Having a significant other is amazing (I can’t live without my hubby), but sometimes guys just can’t be there for us the way a girlfriend can. Our girls–they get us. And they fill up a part of our hearts that a guy simply can’t. #realtalk
It’s important to cultivate those relationships. And to make the effort (even if we feel corny) to express appreciation. Going out of our way to show our girls the important role they play in our lives builds our relationships and encourages a spirit of celebration.
So if you’re getting ready for Galentine’s Day, here are a few ideas and gifts to celebrate your gals:
Write a letter to a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while Yeah, this can be super awkward. Probably will make you feel uncomfortable. But let’s not assume that our friend is out to get us or is neglecting us on purpose. Let’s reach out, let’s take the first step. Maybe they need to be reminded that their friendship matters.
Send a new friend a small gift or snail mail This is a challenge for me! But seriously, what do we have to lose? It can be extremely vulnerable to take a step to build a deeper connection with new friends. You have to do the work! Sending a small gift is the perfect way to show you care and you want to connect more. Simple and understated gifts like a little makeup bag or earrings are good gifts for a new friend.
Give your closest, ride or die gals a customized gift Those gals you can count on, the ones that really get you, the ones that celebrate your achievements, the ones that like allllll your posts, and the ones that get your humor. Those gals deserve to know how they make your life better. It goes such a long way. And even though these type of friends don’t expect a “thank you” or anything in return, they deserve encouragement and appreciation.
I have to admit I’m the worse at making new friends. Once I have a solid group of friends, I just don’t feel the need for more (that’s so selfish and self-absorbed. I’m working on it, guys). But moving to a new city has taught me that there are always people God wants to use to expand your life. Our motto should be, “There’s always room for more”, instead of “I don’t need the extra drama”. This Galentine’s Day is the perfect time to water those new found friendships by giving them a small gift as a gesture of your appreciation.